“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
What's the Difference?
Mold removal is nearly impossible. Mold exists indoors and outdoors because moisture is inevitable, and moisture is mold’s natural food source. To completely remove mold from a home or business, you would have to physically remove all mold spores and remove all moisture from the atmosphere. Water vapor and droplets will always exist inside your home or business, so what you are really looking for is mold remediation.
Mold remediation is taking a mold infested property and restoring it to a habitable environment with natural levels of mold. Remediation is necessary when a property has disastrous and unhealthy levels of mold. Although mold removal is impossible, our team at SERVPRO of Beverly Hills can perform mold remediation. We can safely and effectively bring your home’s mold levels back to an unharmful state.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (310) 390-7540
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (310) 390-7540
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Beverly Hills / Westwood is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2170 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: